Built with guidance from the blind and low-vision community, Lookout supports Google’s mission to make the world’s information universally accessible to everyone.
Lookout has six modes for a variety of activities:
• NEW: Images mode (beta) describes the contents of an image, offering both a summary and detail.
• Use Text mode to quickly skim text and hear it read aloud — for doing things like sorting mail.
• Use Food labels mode to quickly identify packaged foods by their label, in addition to scanning barcodes. Available in more than 20 countries.
• Capture a whole page of text or handwriting with Documents mode.
• Use Currency mode to identify banknotes quickly and reliably, with support for US Dollars, Euros, and Indian Rupees.
• Explore mode (beta) offers information about objects in your surroundings.
Lookout is available in more than 20 languages, and runs on devices with Android 6 and above. Devices with 2GB or more RAM are recommended.
Learn more about Lookout in the Help Center:
What's New• Images mode (beta) can summarize and offer detail about still images.
• In Text and Documents mode, improved reading order for menus, receipts, and other formatted text.
• In Explore mode, Lookout detects objects more accurately.
• In Food Labels mode, Lookout recognizes many more food products in Brazil and India.
• New sound design in Documents mode.